June 26, 2008

Delightful Poetry

I was up late last night drawing just for the fun and also because I couldn't sleep! The following sketch was inspired by this quote:

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel our bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."- Khalil Gibran.
Khalil Gibran is one of my favorite poets (along with Rumi); His poetry and short stories are full of imagery and contain deep philosophical meaning. Here are some more lovely and inspiring quotes from him:

"If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved."

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children."

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. "

"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them."

You can visit my Flickr account to view the whole sketch if you like!

0 comments:

Lawyers
Lawyers Counter